- Merged four IT exhibitions (KIECO/SEK/Expo Comm/It Korea) into one in 2008.
- Has a role of introducing the most recent technologies, products and services in Korea and overseas
- 2013: NFC, UD, display
- 2014: IoT, 5G, Giga internet
- 2015: Drone, IoT, 3D printing
- 2016: Smart car IoT, 5G
- 2017: AI, 5G, IoT, VR
- 2018 : AI, IoT, AR/VR, Big Data, Block Chain
- Annual participation of the major domestic and overseas ICT companies (Samsung, LG, KT, Qualcomm, Hyundai-Kia Motors)
- by in-depth search of buyers, the participating companies of WIS are very satisfied with the export consultation every year. It serves as a business platform for companies to enter the global market.
- It’s a ‘K-ICT Future Leaders Forum and Tech Commercialization Festival’ held by Ministry of Science and ICT that presents the data of the here and the hereafter.
· K-ICT Future Leaders Forum: demonstrates the research performance in various conferences like Korea Domestic Industry-academia Conference, Universities ICT Research Center Forum, Creative ICT Convergence Leaders Forum, ICT Policy Conference, etc
· ICT Tech Commercialization Festival: Participants are; Institute for Information & communications Technology Promotion(IITP), Electronics and Telecommunication Research Institute(ETRI), Telecommunications Technology Assosiation(TTA), Korea Electronics Technology Institute(KETI), Korea Venture Business Association(KOVA), Korea IoT Assosiation(KIoT)
- Approximately 50,000 participants comprised of ICT related manufacturing industries staffs, technical experts, domestic and overseas distribution buyers, research agencies, etc
- 70% of the participants are comprised of domestic and overseas buyers
- Holds “ICT Big-buyer Export Consultation” comprised of the overseas ICT leading groups in KITA. About 30 global Big-buyers in IT, Electronics and Communication from 25 companies and more than 100 ICT companies in Korea are participating in order to proceed a export consultation and business partnering.
- Comprised of overseas companies attending the “ICT Big-buyers Export Consultation Meeting”. holds a seminar on overseas market entry and partnership strategies, provides the WIS 2019 participants with the latest news and an opportunity to have a vibrant networking among each others,
- In addition, based on WIS’s know-hows, the government, research agencies, investment institutions are highly satisfied with the WIS growing B2B program.